We are now recruiting on behalf of our client, based in the Ilkeston area.
Due to continued growth, our client is currently expanding their operation and has a vacancy for a Production Supervisor in their new packing facility.
- To evaluate all production lines to ensure they are running at maximum efficiency.
- To enforce all Health & Safety policies and procedures (both in house and regulatory)
- To maintain safe and clean working environment, delegating to the Industrial cleaners where appropriate
- To ensure employees are conducting their quality checks during production.
- To ensure all production records are accurate and logged accordingly
- To ensure all packaging stocks are stored correctly, and replenished in good time
- To update weekly KPI statistics
- To create employee training plans that improve productivity
- To attend and contribute to weekly Team Briefings
What we are looking for-
- Experience of working with automated packing equipment, such as multi-head weighers, form, fill and seal machines and robots.
- Basic engineering skills, able to diagnose problems and either fix (within qualified acceptable parameters) or work with the engineering team.
- IT literate with the ability to understand and operate PLC’s
- Innovative and able to suggest improvements that result in improved reliability & production output
- A clear communicator with a positive, confident outlook
- A flexible approach to hours and responsibilities
What’s in it for you
- Permanent role
- Salary £27,000 per annum
- Working days and afters shifts on a rotational basis