Purpose of the role
The purpose of this job is to ensure that all packaging meets the required quality, product safety and regulatory requirements across the supply chain.
- Build knowledge and expertise in the area of packaging compliance and risk assessments
- Sourcing and purchasing the most efficient packaging for the company and the customer. Primary interface with suppliers.
- Drive continuous improvement in compliance and efficiency with relevant processes.
- Considering environment & sustainability when ordering from customers (FSC, PCR)
- Packaging development & maintenance of packing specifications for weight/gauge, recycled content, country of origin etc.
- Monitoring stock levels closely
- Accessing Customer spec portals
- Be part of an artwork approval team.
- Resonsible for new product introduction, ensuring all artwork and content meets all legislation.
- Maintaining product specifications, negotiating packaging deals.
- Previous experience of packaging compliance and purchasing
- Some experience in a food manufacturing environment, working in Quality, Food Safety, Engineering or Product/Process development is preferred
- Knowledge of Quality Assurance & Hygiene programs such as HACCP
- Experience with internal & external audits is desirable
- Experience with standards implementation is desirable
- Computer literate with good working knowledge of software applications.
- Good project management experience (across quality, efficiency and growth projects) with the ability to motivate and work with a technical team
- Strong communication and attention to detail
What’s in it for you-
- Salary £30-£32k per annum
- Permanent role