We are now recruiting on behalf of our client, who is based in the Ilkeston area.
Due to continued growth our client is expanding their operation and has a vacancy for a Logistics Co-ordinator in their new packing facility.
- Make bookings and amendments, finalise logistics arrangements, oversee deliveries through to completion and invoicing
- Liaise with haulage contractors and suppliers, clearly and professionally communicate information via telephone & e-mail.
- Promptly and accurately undertake various transactions through Distribution and customer systems.
- Ensure all orders and internal transfers are checked as regards stock to ensure fulfilment and then planned in line with customer expectations (timeliness).
- Queries/issues are investigated and resolved in a timely and competent manner
What we are looking for –
- IT literacy – proficient in Microsoft Office products, use of the internet & e-mail
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to engage with others face to face and by telephone
- A confident ‘team player’ with a philosophy of doing what it takes to get the job done
- An enthusiastic self starter with initiative
- A willingness to learn & develop
- The ability to problem-solve and suggest alternative solutions – a logical forward thinker
- Excellent administration/paperwork skills and an exceptional eye for detail
- Be able to work accurately under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Best practice customer service and a good telephone manner
- An interest in transport, logistics, customer service & administration
- Flexible, especially in relation to working hours and to taking on different tasks.
What’s in it for you –
- Permanent role
- Salary £24,000 per annum
- Working 9am – 5pm but some flexibility may be required to work an afternoon shift if required