We are recruiting on behalf of our client for an Assembler, based in the Beeston area of Nottingham. This is a permanent job, working both days and afternoon shifts.
- Working inthe yard, assembling rail track to specifications
- Using correct measuring tools (including scale metre, tape, barrots, gauges and templates).
- Ensuring the correct lay out and mark up of the rails and positioning of concrete bearers/timbers to the layout drawing.
- Able to identify and sub-assemble e.g. check closures, glued joint rail, twisted closures, stock, switch, expansion switches.
- Fixing equipment to concrete or timber layouts using approved methods.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR-
- Awareness of Safety, Health, Environmental and Quality issues
- Previous assembly experience
- Able to work day and afternoon shifts
- Engineering qualification or experience
- Able to read and work to engineering drawings
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU –
- Permanent role
- Salary starts at £20,800 (+16% shift allowance), rising to £24,900 after 3 month probation